AQUAFACT provides a staff with extensive applied and academic research experience, possessing a strong theoretical background in understanding all aspects of the environment. AQUAFACT personnel are fully competent in all current environmental assessment methods and are active in further development and refinement of such techniques and their applications.
AQUAFACT’s applications include the following:
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA’s) for offshore and onshore windfarms, aquaculture, fisheries , renewable energies and other industry.
- Appropriate Assessments / Natura Impact Statements
- Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA)
- Marine (Shallow and Deep-Water), Intertidal and Terrestrial Baseline Characterisation Surveys and Assessments
- SCUBA and Underwater Video Surveys
- Freshwater Invertebrate Surveys and Assessments
- Foreshore Licence Applications
- Dredging and Disposal Applications
- Aquaculture Environmental Audits and Carry Capacity Studies
- Marine Taxonomy
- Sediment Profile Imagery (SPI)
- Hydrographic Surveys (bathymetric, current profiling, wave climate, dye/drogue studies)
- Predictive Hydrodynamic Modelling
- Environmental / Ecological Clerk of Works
- Terrestrial Habitat, Mammal and Bird Surveys
- Environmental protection and conservation.
- The application of high technology developments in environmental survey and monitoring.
- Coastal Zone Management.
AQUAFACT is widely used by industrial and government agencies to research and resolve environmental problems. The company has international experience in a wide range of monitoring, research and development studies of the environment and is active in the development of new and more effective techniques of environmental assessment.